[MUD-Dev] Experience System Differences

Hulbert Hulbert
Tue Jan 16 14:37:56 CET 2001

What type of system do you use to give experience from exploring
and/or running shops?  The only thing that immediately comes to my
mind (I am ashamed to admit I never thought of doing something like
this before) is a XP award the first time you enter a given room,
adjusted for the difficulty in reaching that room, or difficulty in
finding it; and a flat rate of XP for every P2P transaction.  Of
course, that would require tracking to prevent abuse...  I'd really
like to know how you handle this.

Lee