[MUD-Dev] Experience System Differences

Kindred321 at aol.com Kindred321 at aol.com
Thu Jan 18 01:54:57 CET 2001

In a message dated 1/15/01 8:53:01 PM Pacific Standard Time,
MTester at cambric.com writes:

> My main point though is that you can do so many other things than just give
> experience for "kill goblin", "advance level".

well in most muds your 'level' is almost solely your combat ability so
'killing' is the best way to gain 'levels'..  the running of shops and
other such things as that increase your skill at doing them.. that is
why skills and levels are seperate on the majority of muds.  IE: why
would me running a bakery sucessfully and being social suddenly make
me 'level' up and have more hitpoints etc and last longer in battle?

just a thought...

Seronis (mike estepp)
Kindred321 at aol.com
ICQ 43442042