[MUD-Dev] Re: MUD-Dev digest, Vol 1 #289 - 8 msgs

Nathan F.Yospe yospe at kanga.nu
Thu Jan 25 23:50:42 CET 2001

Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt <hhs at cbs.dtu.dk> said:

> On Wed, 24 Jan 2001 the_logos at www.achaea.com wrote:

>> On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Dr. Cat wrote:

>> Certainly the only time I've ever found a cybercafe useful is when
>> I've been in a foreign city sans laptop.

> I've found them of interrest when you want to play games like RTS or
> FPS against a couple of friends. Yes, it can be done from each of
> our homes, but its simply a lot nice to be able to meet them
> face-to-face after beating them (or being beaten) after a game.

We've got these Wizards of the Coast (yes, the Magic card people)
stores that have doom-room setups with Q3 and UT and the like.  Seems
like that is the same model as you end up with in these Korean cafes?

--
Nathan F. Yospe  email: yospe at kanga.nu nyospe at a2i.com nyospe at pacbell.net
Don't mind me, I'm just insane - there's someone else here, in my brain.