[MUD-Dev] Opinions (even harsh) on Castle Marrach by Skotos?

Federico Di Gregorio fog at mixadlive.com
Mon Jan 29 10:24:14 CET 2001

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered Christopher Allen's letter:

> The beta of Skotos' Castle Marrach game has now been going on for a
> month. Have any of the Mud-Dev'ers had a chance to take a look? What
> do you think of our client? The start story? The game parser? Our
> weird mix of MUSH & MUD?

> The beta test is free, and signups are at
>
>   http://www.skotos.net/marrach/.

the url does not work. i think you meant

	http://www.skotos.net/games/marrach/index.html

anyway, the web page looks good. i signed up (note that i don't like
to sign up just to try out a game but...) and i'll let you know i a
couple of days, on this list or privately.

just a question: skotos will surely produce proprietary games (maybe
even pay-per-play ones?) and that's good. will you release the source
code or keep it propietary? i didn't find any definitive information
on that topic on the web site (that i scanned very fast, i am
sorry...)

ciao,
federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE Chief of Research & Technology              fog at mixadlive.com
Debian GNU/Linux Developer & Italian Press Contact        fog at debian.org
  Qu'est ce que la folie? Juste un sentiment de liberté si
   fort qu'on en oublie ce qui nous rattache au monde... -- J. de Loctra