[MUD-Dev] TECH DGN: Single user MOB arena

Trevyn trevyn at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 1 19:16:05 CEST 2001

Hello. I am not a coder, so I am looking to pay others to do my
dirty work.

Here is the basic idea. I would like to set up a MOB arena. Two MOBs
go in, one comes out. Not too hard. In fact, I have already done
that part before.  Editing MOBs and rooms isn't so hard. (Even for
me!) Okay, now for the kicker. I would like to use a MUD engine
modified to use the HERO game system to resolve the combat.

  http://www.herogames.com/

Now a 2D version has been made in java.

  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/2013/CombatApplet.html

The problem is, it has no arena, and not many of the powers (spells)
are parsed in that little applet.

This arena would not be open to the public, but would be (now this
is geeky) used to model fights between super heroes. You know, "Who
would win a fight between Archangel and Hawkman?" kind of stuff. We
have a domain set up, to post the fight commentary on, but no
software engine to run the simulations on. It seems to my mind,
having played MUDs that it would be a great medium for such
fictitous combats. With a MUD we could design an arena, and have a
virtual 3D environment for the conflict to resolve in.

Any sugestions on what MUD might be best suited, or offers to assist
in exchange for money, or even a flame telling me I am looking in
the wrong closet for the tools I need, will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark