[MUD-Dev] Libs for 3D Client/Servers

Richard Aihoshi aka Jonric jonric at vaultnetwork.com
Tue Jul 10 15:28:28 CEST 2001

At 11:17 AM 09/07/01 +0100, Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com wrote:

> If people wanted to go tile based, I don't see why they
> couldn't. I wonder how popular a tile based came would be in a
> years time when it would be ready. You certainly might be able to
> leverage some of its advantages such as deformable maps etc, but
> even so I'm not convinced you'd get that many players.

> The question is, why aren't there any already out there?

> Perhaps its down to graphical assets again.

The info below is copied from http://www.trinityofdarkness.com/ If I
remember correctly, this is connected to an interesting game plus
editor called Shattered Light that came out a couple of years ago
but didn't attract much attention at the time.

  Now the world's very first MMORPG (Massively Multi-Player Online
  Role Playing Game) Construction Kit can be yours!
  With the MMORPG Construction Kit you can:

  Build your own world maps using over 4000 tiles for limitless
  combinations!  Populate the world with hundreds of NPC's, weapons,
  armor, items, magic, and monsters!  Create your own quests!  Make
  your own monsters, spells, weapons, armor, magical items, and
  more!  Make player friendly or player killer worlds!  Customize
  all character stats!  Includes in-game chat system so
  communication is quick and easy!  Includes an entire pre-built
  world and sample game (Trinity of Darkness) so you can begin play
  immediately!

  System Requirements

    Windows=AE 95/98
    233 MHz Pentium II
    32 MB of RAM
    4 MB video card
    16-bit sound card
    650 MB of free hard drive space
    Multi-Player: TCP/IP,
                  56 kbps modem(Internet Service Provider required
                  for Internet Play)

Richard Aihoshi - "Jonric"
RPG Vault, IGN Vault Network