[MUD-Dev] DGN: Craftier dragon and players as GMs

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Fri Jul 13 20:13:58 CEST 2001

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Mathieu Castelli wrote:

> Controling monsters is very much like creating a quest: having ooc
> powers to pour interactive content in the game.  I have been
> scraching my head for a while on a similar problem: how to manage
> the advancement scale for GMs in my game ?

Erm, why wouldn't you just promote them when you think they are
ready to be promoted? Managing advancement ladders on scales FAR
greater than any MUD administration is not exactly a new idea, and
it's not done by letting the users/customers vote. (Can you imagine
if, say, promotions for General Motors employees were done by
customer voting?)

--matt