[MUD-Dev] Toward a Craftier Dragon

yospe at kanga.nu yospe at kanga.nu
Mon Jul 16 16:32:11 CEST 2001

--<cut>--
Note: This message was written via the list web archives.  There is
no guarantee that the claimed author is actually the author.
--<cut>--
Original message: http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/2001Q3/msg00218.php

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:48:18 -0700 (PDT)
John Hopson <jhopson at nc.rr.com> wrote:

<Note: my original reply to this got munched by TWIG's upset stomach
 of the last weekend... I'm just posting an abbreviated reference>

> Here's an idea for improving monsters that I don't think I'll ever
> actually use, but it was a cute thought.

> As each player enters a hunting zone, an appropriate wandering
> monster is spawned in a mirror image zone elsewhere in the
> game. Bigger monster depending on level, first level characters
> spawn gremlins, max level characters spawn dragons.  The monster
> mirrors the player's movements, and because this is happening from
> the other side as well, as players come to attack monsters, their
> mirror-monsters on the other side move to attack other characters.
> As the player fights, the mirror-monster fights, conveying
> intelligence and adding PvP fun to hunting.

<https://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/1997Q3/msg00997.php>

Body-mirroring for PCs and NPCs...