[MUD-Dev] To good to be TRUE, in an MMPORPG?

Justin Rogers justin at mlstoday.com
Wed Jul 18 13:02:55 CEST 2001

[Dave]

> I found this site some months ago and have been watching it with
> interest; www.glitchless.com the game is called Dawn. They are
> aiming really high and I'm not sure how much of it is possible
> with current or five years in the future technology.

Dave you got snowed by a 16 year old (or was he 17) that managed to
put together a decent website.  He posted all of his thoughts on the
web, stole graphics from some up and coming online games (changing
them slightly), and tried to get some investors.  Everyone tore him
apart, found out he was working out of his parents home, that he was
quite young, and that he was full of crap.  I hear one group even
went to do an *interview* with the boy.

He originally had a development team which left because he was lying
and making extraordinary claims about the project.  He has never
demonstrated the engine for real.  I certainly wouldn't expect a
release of this game.

Justin Rogers