[MUD-Dev] To good to be TRUE, in an MMPORPG?

Xuri xuri at sensewave.com
Sat Jul 21 22:36:51 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Kwon Ekstrom=20

>> I found this site some months ago and have been watching it with
>> interest; www.glitchless.com the game is called Dawn. They are
>> aiming really high and I'm not sure how much of it is possible
>> with current or five years in the future technology.

> Yeah, there's alot of interesting stuff there, I've only glanced
> over most of it, but I've been accepted as part of the beta team
> (whenever they get a beta out) They're currently having financial
> problems (go figure) and are developing a "toned down" version of
> Dawn which they're calling Dusk, Dusk will be overhead strategy
> type game layout, but with the capability to switch to first
> person using a unit as a point of perspective (they've already
> coded their 3d stuff, so this was pretty easy on their part)...

Every single individual who signed up for their "beta test" were and
= still are accepted.  You can write your name as Queen Elizabeth or
John Rambo, fill up your = signup-application with curses and harsh
words, write nothing at all - you still get accepted.

Don't be too sure that you'll ever see a beta test of Dawn.  Even
hard-core Dawn-fans and protectors (against the hordes of =
"non-believers") have given up and realized that it just MIGHT be
the case that this game will never be = released, or even made at
all.

As Matt Mihaly mentioned in a reply to this thread:

  "I don't think they really have any idea what they're doing"

And I second that.

-Xuri Dabur (aka Geir Ove Alnes)
xuri at sensewave.com