[MUD-Dev] Mud Clients (was Real-world skills)

David Bennett ddt at discworld.imaginary.com
Wed Jul 25 11:52:38 CEST 2001

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Kwon Ekstrom wrote:

> It'd probably have a higher average bandwidth usage per user than
> telnet clients do, but it's well worth it IMHO.

Make sure you support the html compression protocol then.  This will
help make it more attractive.

Currently Discworld has bandwidth problems.  We are running on a DSL
line and at 200 players we will pretty much 100% of the bandwidth.
When we tried to move up to 225 players we quickly found the lag
increasing appreciably.

Wombles!
David.