[MUD-Dev] DNA Game Patent [was Randy's Resume]

Chris Gray cg at ami-cg.GraySage.COM
Mon Jul 30 19:32:36 CEST 2001

> From: "Hulbert, Leland" <LHulbert at czn.com>
> Christopher Allen wrote:

>> Does anyone know of any other prior art?

> OK, I'm not sure that it counts, but I beleive Bard's Tale (or
> maybe BT 2) had the ability to import characters that had been
> originally played in Wizardry.  OK, I may be dating myself, but
> the idea was amazing to me at the time.  Greatly enhanced my
> enjoyment of the game(particularly since I had a character editor
> for Wizardry, but no for Bard's Tale, but I won't go in to that.)

I went looking for my copy of Bard's Tale. (All my old Amiga stuff
is still on a bookshelf in my dining room!) It doesn't mention
anything about Wizardry characters (but then, Wizardry was never
ported to the Amiga). However, while looking, I came across "Dragon
Wars" from Interplay. The box (copyright 1989) mentions: "Supports
characters from Bard's Tale I, II & III."

-Chris G.