[MUD-Dev] off-line pk

Marc Fielding marcfielding at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 6 11:48:45 CEST 2001

The_Druid said:

<lots snipped>

> I agree, the best satisfying thing for me, is if all the strong RL
> conflicts were resolved in the VL.  It is always better to beat
> the person you dislike at Quake than to have a real fight.  But it
> is a kind of utopia to wish people will be wise enought for that.

Fighting RL battles in VL requires discipline on behalf of both
sides of the issue to abide by the results of the VL battle. If the
physically stronger side in RL *loses* the VL battle, what's to stop
him from then starting a RL fight on the VL winner?

	"Alright little man...let's see you bunny-hop away from a
	*real* beating!" ;)

War is about supressing and forcing a foe to accept your terms.
Fighting RL battles in VL is simply arbitration: a civilized answer
that may not suit most situations.

Marc

----
Marc Fielding
marcfielding at earthlink.net

Current Research: The creation of group minds via involuntary
                  holarchic subsumption. >=)