[MUD-Dev] off-line pk

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Thu Jun 7 04:38:12 CEST 2001

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Lee Sheldon wrote:

> [...]

Artistotle's work in the arts, certainly. I specifically mentioned
sciences for that reason. As for Plato, I feel reasonably
comfortable saying that while he's been a huge influence, no, say,
modern university philosophy department would teach the Cave
metaphor as anything but an intellectual exercise. It's certainly an
interesting metaphor (and in fact Achaea's last-ditch resurrection
sequence ends with you stepping out of The Cave, in homage to
Plato), but it's easy to find flaws in it.

Believe me, I am the last person in the world who would ever
disparage the achievements of Plato and Aristotle. I mean, I named
my world Achaea for a reason.

--matt