[MUD-Dev] Player run reputation system

Koster Koster
Thu Jun 7 12:54:52 CEST 2001

Then you don't need a reputation system at all. :) You can size them
up in the traditional way, by getting to know them and talking to
people who have interacted with them.

Reputation systems, whether intentionally or not, fill one need very
specifically--they help work around the inconstancy of communication
that is present in large groups and in virtual environments, more
rapidly disseminating information on social standing. That's what
eBay ratings do, that's what UO's murder counts do, and that's what
any mud application of Advogato would do. What else would you use it
for?

-Raph