[MUD-Dev] Why are we all making RPGs?

Travis Casey efindel at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 7 16:29:30 CEST 2001

Lee Sheldon wrote:
> [...]

RPG is a genre, even in this sense.  "Genre" is simply a fancy word
for "kind" or "type" -- it doesn't have to be restricted to the
"literary genres", and you can have multiple, non-overlapping groups
of genres.

Thus, "RPGs, FPSes, real-time wargames, turn-based wargames, etc."
can be one set of game genres, and "fantasy, science-fiction, etc."
another set.

--
       |\      _,,,---,,_     Travis S. Casey  <efindel at earthlink.net>