[MUD-Dev] Korean Govt. joins the revolution.

SavantKnowsAll at cs.com SavantKnowsAll at cs.com
Thu Jun 7 23:47:22 CEST 2001

According to some colleagues in Korea who attended a very special
seminar yesterday - The Korean government is developing a
high-quality full 3D engine that will be licensed to Korean game
developers for free, or for a very low price.  "Game Korea" is, from
what I can gather, the working title of the project/engine.  No
estimated time of release for the project.

This is quite interesting, wouldn't you say?

Where will the Korean market be if indeed all the developers had
access to quality 3D engines that (let's just assume) rival'd the US
market's?

It's really pretty amazing to hear of such a backing from the
government in support of this.  I mean, I already knew they gave
grants and loans to game development companies, but this seems like
a pretty revolutionary step in ensuring that Korea remains one of
the most dominant forces in online gaming.

Daniel "Savant" Manachi