[MUD-Dev] Buying benefits

Kevin Littlejohn darius at bofh.net.au
Fri Jun 8 11:34:36 CEST 2001

Matt Mihaly wrote

> I'd disagree with this. CCGs are selling you the ability to
> compete more effectively against your opponents, flat-out. The
> more money you spend, the better your chances are.

Depends a lot on the CCG in question.  In Magic, that may be the
case - in NetRunner, it wasn't beyond the first few boosters.  I
certainly didn't _need_ better Magic cards even, to play amongst my
peers, yet we all bought more cards.  You may buy because you want a
better deck, I'd suggest a number of people out there (and I have no
idea whether it's the majority or not, but I'd guess it encompasses
a lot of the "non-hardcore" players) buy for the novelty instead.

KevinL