[MUD-Dev] Alternatives to PvP for sustainable fiction?

Travis Nixon tnixon at avalanchesoftware.com
Fri Jun 15 13:10:01 CEST 2001

From: "Sean Kelly" <sean at ffwd.cx>
> From: "Matt Mihaly" <the_logos at achaea.com>

>> It didn't happen because who cares if the dragon acts real. The
>> dragon is always dead anyway.

> If you could keep the world from being hunted to extinction in a
> matter of days, it might be a feature worth having :)

Of course you can.  Just make a much larger scale world.  Heavy
emphasis on the "much".

Then of course you have travel issues, socializing issues (given a
world big enough you could have players that play the game and never
see another player).  And of course then we're back into the
automagically generated content issues, because there's no way you
could hire enough level designers to interestingly populate a world
on that kind of scale.

And lets not even get into the technical issues...such as where and
how you store that gigantic amount of content. :)