[MUD-Dev] On socialization and convenience

Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Sat Jun 16 10:29:57 CEST 2001

Peter Tyson posted on Friday, June 15, 2001 8:22 AM

> Aren't parties normally founded in Pubs? ;)

> It would be good if there were a few little bonus to parties
> founded in pubs, perhaps the landlord gives you a tip, I don't
> know, but either way it would encourage parties to form at central
> locations and hopeful socialization would occur their along the
> way

Right after I contributed to this thread, we made some changes on
RetroMUD:

  1) Eating food in the tavern restores endurance points (and only
  in taverns).

  2) Simply by being in a tavern, regeneration of hit points, spell
  points, and endurance points are increased.

  3) Removed all Quest Rooms (which didn't make a whole lot of sense
  anyway) and moved the quest function to taverns.

  4) Verified that aggressive monsters cannot wander into the
  tavern.

This hopefully satisfies the GOPer concerns.  Only time will tell...

Mike "Talien" Tresca
RetroMUD Administrator
http://www.retromud.org