[MUD-Dev] On socialization and convenience

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Mon Jun 18 10:05:35 CEST 2001

> From: SavantKnowsAll at cs.com [mailto:SavantKnowsAll at cs.com]
> In a message dated 6/14/01 1:17:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> rkoster at verant.com writes:

>>  Lastly, staging areas seem plainly vital, because you need to
>>  have places where you form your party or group.

> Are they though?  Rather than pre-designed "safe spots" -- Isn't
> there more thrill in heading to town to get that group together?
> Or what about hunting in an area together, and shouting out, "Hey,
> you guys wanna group and try out [insert slightly more difficult
> area with better treasure]?"

That would depend entirely on the distances involved (time really),
and the likelihood of finding the area at full capacity upon
arrival.

That paradigm also encourages the mentality that its not worth
logging on unless you have several hours free. Thats one of my
peeves with EQ, unless I have about 5 hours free, its simply not
worth logging on with my high level character.

Dan