[MUD-Dev] On socialization and convenience

Brian Hook bwh at wksoftware.com
Thu Jun 21 01:06:41 CEST 2001

At 10:25 AM 6/19/01 +0100, Dan wrote:

> So remember 99% of the world is completely shared in AO.

Geographically, sure.  Temporally, no (assuming people are mostly
playing in combat).  PSO has the same problem -- you socialize in
the lobbies, but basically the chance of a random encounter with
another sentient human are zero once you're in the thick of things.
And about half my interesting interactions in EQ were in combat
areas like MUDs.  Hell, I'd say the vast majority occurred during
combat, e.g. someone saving me or me saving them or us fighting over
a spawn =)

Brian Hook