[MUD-Dev] re: Language Parsing for NPCs

Robert Zubek rob at cs.northwestern.edu
Fri Jun 22 10:32:28 CEST 2001

[ with apologies for the delayed reply - this has been a busy week ]

Troy Fisher writes:

> I'm totally excited about this project, and in that thread of
> things I would like to offer my services as I can.  AI and
> conversational NPC's have been a high priority of mine, but I have
> not had the resources or the know how on to create what I want.
> So in the spirit of sharing and mudding, we at the wheelmud
> project would be more then happy to start a repository for the
> conversations.  And anything else this project needs to be
> launched.  If you are interested we'd love to talk more.

absolutely - that sounds great!

per my earlier posting, would there be a way to get logs of not just
people interacting with npcs, but also people just talking among
themselves as they go about their mud life? for example, installing
an npc innkeeper, who hangs around some popular area in the mud
(maybe serves refreshments? :), and eavesdrops on conversations?

rob

--
Robert Zubek
rob at cs.northwestern.edu