[MUD-Dev] On socialization and convenience

Koster Koster
Sat Jun 23 11:30:57 CEST 2001

Er, the content of every email * say 200,000 people adds up damn
quick.

>>   * Won't they use email anyway? We can't possibly make a nice
>>   * enough email system to match Outlook!

> Why try to match Outlook, let your players _use_ Outlook, or any
> other POP3 compliant email client they like.

THe average person can't configure a POP3 client.

>>   * Yikes, think of the complications--email to account or to
>>   user?

> Email to character, it's still in-character messaging, just using
> an out-of-game delivery mechanism.

The average user doesn't understand multiple aliases either. :)

Note, these aren't my objections, I am more playing devil's
advocate. I believe these can all be overcome, except the storage
cost (which I think is worth it).

-Raph