[MUD-Dev] A new MUD-standard

Frank Crowell frankc at maddog.com
Tue Mar 6 14:16:37 CET 2001

Kwon Ekstrom wrote:

> [...]

Somewhere on my web page (http://www.maddog.com) I have a link to
software that can read VRML objects and say what the object is, like
"ball" and things like that.  If I have already posted this, excuse me
but I am fairly senile and still under the influence of one of my
original mail list members.  Since the list was about virtual worlds
and had many VRML and VR people on it, I was somewhat surprised to
learn that he was legally blind.  But he really helped remind me of
the fact that virtual worlds are for everyone.

As for WAP, I think I would kick it.  I can't imagine myself using my
cell phone for virtual worlds.  However, I certain can see it on the
Palm and its cousins.  The real question dealing with PDA is the
immersive experience.  I don't know if it sort of goes away at that
scale.  It's fairly easy to find out, since there are telnet programs
and now you can have 24x7 wireless service.

frank
[I bet you all will be glad when I am working again so I don't post so
much]