FW: [MUD-Dev] Interesting EQ rant (very long quote)

Koster Koster
Sun Mar 11 09:39:46 CET 2001

This is interesting because it goes so strongly against conventional
wisdom in the mud community, which says that most muds don't let
players DO anything other than narrowly prescribed activities such as
hacking and slashing monsters endlessly. In what ways do you feel that
muds have offered the ability to build a really tall house of cards?

I ask because I agree with the conventional wisdom--muds usually only
recognize a very narrow subset of human activity--and even human
entertainment. And in fact in your other posts, you have argued for
being more entertaining to a larger group of people, not less.

-Raph