[MUD-Dev] New Bartle article

Vincent Archer archer at nevrax.com
Thu Mar 15 10:28:04 CET 2001

According to Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com:

> This post prompted me to go and read your faq, and I have to say I'm
> very impressed. I definitely agree with splitting the realms as it
> solves the pvp issue of cross teaming (unless people really want to
> cheat with 2 accounts or gamevoice etc...). I'll be interested to
> see

Multi-account might be used by players for three different purposes:

  1) Provide mule storage (if you lack banks, or if you do not have
  enough character slots)

  2) Provide helping hands (in effect, you reproduce a single player
  classic RPG - you control multiple characters in a group, and thus
  play a lot better)

  3) Allow spying the other side

Now, impossibility of multi-realm creating means that a second account
cannot be used for purpose 1 & 2, and purpose 3 at the same
time. Plus, if you want to spy, you already need two added account,
because you've got two sides to spy on.

The number of accounts you need tend to pile up quickly.

--
Vincent Archer                                         Email: archer at nevrax.com

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!