[MUD-Dev] Movies About MUDs & the Virtual Experience

Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Thu Mar 22 22:38:24 CET 2001

This is not a particularly long list of movies of this type, but I
think it's worth creating.  A lot of these movies, weirdly enough, end
up being about the "mobs" that we code -- what if they had thoughts,
what if they woke up and realized they were just part of a game. Still
others deal with the impact of such virtual realities on morality and
self.  In any case, it's food for thought -- perhaps this was done
before, but I'll add my suggestions (sorry, I had to add the Matrix):

  The Thirteenth Floor: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0139809
  eXistenz: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0120907
  The Matrix: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0133093
  Strange Days: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0114558