[MUD-Dev] A Brief History of Commercial MUDs

Klimon Klimon
Fri Mar 23 11:14:44 CET 2001

At one point Simutronics had some 600,000 characters (not accounts)
created (per Greg Allen), but in terms of active subscribers for
GemStoneIII and Dragonrealms I would venture a guess of around
20,000-30,000 people combined.

-ian