[MUD-Dev] Where are we now?

Thu May 3 11:37:04 CEST 2001

Bruce wrote:
> Bryce Harrington wrote:

>> WorldForge is more than just a MUD.

> How so?  (Excluding "We provide tools and code for others to build
> MUDs and other sorts of online games.")

Well, now that Richard (Bartle) has publicly stated (on MUD-Dev) that
"MUD" was originally conceived as "Multi User D" and "Dungeon" was an
afterthought, then maybe the somewhat common "Dimension"
interpretation is the one that should be encouraged... Then there
would be less confusion, maybe...

Of course, there are more descriptive interpretations: "Dwelling",
"Daydream", "Destiny", "Dating", "Daycare", "Destination", "Detour",
"Displacement", "Distraction", "Dilemma", "Dinosaur",
"Disappointment", "Delusion", "Delirium", "Downgrade", "Dump",
"Dustbin", "Dunghill", "Dictatorship", "Disease", "Dragnet", "Drain",
"Drug", "Disaster", "Deathtrap", "DYSTOPIA"... You name it!

Why he had to choose "Dungeon", I don't know...

--
Ola  -  http://www.notam.uio.no/~olagr/