[MUD-Dev] Where are we now?

Bryce Harrington bryce at neptune.net
Sat May 5 10:49:15 CEST 2001

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Madman Across the Water wrote:

> It's also worth noting that there are at least 3 projects I know of
> to create alternate UO clients. Then all we'd need is someone
> willing to create an alternate art set to totally free ourselves
> from EA's intellectual property, which would likely be a good step
> forward.

Have you had luck with the art?  I've noticed with other games, this
can be sort of a rather limiting factor.  What would be nice would be
to have a universal CPAN-like free game graphics repository...
something game neutral, that artists could add their work to for the
community as a whole, and game developers could draw from and share.
There wouldn't happen to be anything out there like that right now, by
any chance?