[MUD-Dev] Logical MUD Areas

Chuk Radder cjradder at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Sun May 6 20:56:03 CEST 2001

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Scion Altera wrote:

> My mud used to have a delay command on it that would delay a second
> command. I used this to make scripts that sometimes took over a
> minute to complete, but to stop them from executing twice
> concurrently I would set a bit on the mob at the top of the prog,
> just after a check that made sure the bit was unset. At the end, I
> unset the bit. Thus, the prog could only run once at a time.

Funny, we added something similiar right after your snippet. :>=

Between being able to slow down mob actions (for example to give the
illusion a mob is talking instead of spamming a page of crap). And to
have mobs be able to remember/know/react you suddenly get a lot more
freedom and realism over any stock codebase.

Chuk Radder - DxFF				cjradder at cse.buffalo.edu
        "God is gracious, God is good, so let's color in his book
      God wears cotton, God wears rayon, He can mend a broken crayon
God is honest He don't take payola, let's all praise him with our crayolas"