[MUD-Dev] Innovation restrictions (was: Information sharing)

Vincent Archer archer at nevrax.com
Wed May 9 09:54:52 CEST 2001

According to SeronisROTv3 at aol.com:
> I dont think that was the meaning Richard had.  I personally would
> like to see the EXACT same game re-released with newer graphics...
> not just a new version of an old game to carry on the series.  For
> example..  Any of the early Final Fantasy games or Phantasy Star
> games.  If those were re-released on a newer system with decked out
> graphics it would probably sell.  IMHO

Anyone has an idea how well "The Sentinel Returns" sold? It's a good
example of that: it's exactly the same game as the aeons-old Sentinel
from the days of 8-bit computers, remade with 3D acceleration and weirder
sounds and models.

--
Vincent Archer                                         Email: archer at nevrax.com

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!