[MUD-Dev] Locations vs Social Spaces (was: I Want to Forge Swords)

Marian Griffith gryphon at iaehv.nl
Wed May 9 23:15:54 CEST 2001

In <URL:/archives/meow?group+local.muddev> on Wed 09 May, Sie Ming wrote:

> A question to which I don't have an answer is: How much travel is
> needed to make something a distinct location?

That is fairly simple to answer :)

Slightly more than the average player is willing to wait in a single
game session.  And that means that the travel must not only cover a
significant distance but also must keep the player from speedwalking
there.

Marian
will there be loneliness ...

Rolan Choosing Talia,