[MUD-Dev] The effects of object oriented servers on theitem database (Long)

Adam Martin amsm2 at cam.ac.uk
Wed May 9 23:26:17 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chambers" <CHAMBERB at MARIST.COM>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 1:47 PM
Subject: RE: [MUD-Dev] The effects of object oriented servers on theitem
database (Long)

> Does anyone know of any free good UML modeling programs?  I don't
> want to draw object models by hand.  And by the way, I can't get an
> object modeler, because I am doing this project solo.

(Apologies if the quoting is strange - for the first time ever my
client didn't auto-quote for a reply. So I've inserted them by hand
and hope its OK and not some MS bug)

Fujaba (From UML to Java And Back Again) is particularly good - I've
been using it for dissertation work, as have many friends, and the
experience has been good on the whole, considering its free and in
Java (read that however you want!).

Under active development and support from University of Paderborn -
the upcoming next version looks good too. HOWEVER, READ THE DOCS!
There are some nasty known bugs.

  http://www.uni-paderborn.de/fachbereich/AG/schaefer/ag_dt/PG/Fujaba/

Adam M