[MUD-Dev] Innovation restrictions (was: Information sharing)

Thu May 10 23:41:24 CEST 2001

"Richard A. Bartle" wrote:

> Makes me think of an essay I wrote on this a while back...

>   http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/vrfuture.htm

> These ideas have been covered in great depth in science fiction
> novels and short stories, by the way.

You were hard pressed for space when you wrote the conclusion I
guess...  >:-}..

Anyways, although I am a visual guy, I've for a long time been playing
with the idea of making a world with just text and sound.  The impact
of sound should really not be dismissed, and I think you dismissed it
a little bit too easily.  A well made text world with a flexible audio
engine (mpeg4's SAOL or preferably better) could be awesome...

--
Ola  -  http://www.notam.uio.no/~olagr/