[MUD-Dev] Locations vs Social Spaces (was: I Want to Forge Sw ords)

Koster Koster
Mon May 14 16:01:57 CEST 2001

The slowdowns on the server side caused by large congregations are
very soon to be a thing of the past (eg, no cause for teleport storms
and the like) as server architectures move away from single-server
models pasted together to make multiserver models. More difficult are
concerns like the bandwidth involved in sending you the updates for
that many people and having it still look good. What'll really be
harder is client-side scalability for the display of all those
people. ;)

-Raph