[MUD-Dev] Locations vs Social Spaces (was: I Want to Forge Swords)

Vincent Archer archer at nevrax.com
Wed May 16 11:35:34 CEST 2001

According to Paul Schwanz - Enterprise Services:

> Also, I'd like to point out that simple interface decisions could
> also have a big effect on the boring nature of travel.  I'm not
> familiar with UO's or EQ's method for handling travel, but AC seems
> to require constant keyboard input.  I think this is a Bad Thing.
> It means you

EQ also uses keyboard intensively. However, its interface is only very
loosely modal, compared to AC's highly modal interface. Notably, in
EQ, while you're typing, the arrow keys still perform their normal
movement functions, unless you press shift at the same time.

AC's interface and horrible client-server relationship are probably
the biggest detrimental features that confine it to its smaller niche.

--
Vincent Archer                                         Email: archer at nevrax.com

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!