[MUD-Dev] Locations vs Social Spaces (was: I Want to Forge Sw ords)

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Thu May 17 12:15:06 CEST 2001

Whilst AC may claim to be able to do this, it tends to portal storm
with about 40 players just near each other if I recall correctly. A
portal storm is where players are randomly teleported away from the
congregation...

EQ, can now just about manage 70 people attacking one monster (with
what appears to be graphical lag more than data lag - hard to tell
though). It doesn't do anything clever, but it leads me to assume that
even with a better 3d engine, you probably couldn't achieve much more
easily. Especially if you have upgraded character models to go along
with it.

Dan