[MUD-Dev] [News] NCSoft + Richard Garriott

Richard Aihoshi aka Jonric jonric at vaultnetwork.com
Sun May 20 23:18:43 CEST 2001

At 01:22 PM 18/05/01 -0700, Dave Kennerly wrote:

> NCSoft and Destination Games, founded by Richard Garriott, work together.

>    http://www.destination-games.com/press.shtml (English)
>    http://www.gamemeca.com/news/news.html?id=3D20010517&seq=3D015 (Korean)

> "[NCSoft's] Lineage now has more subscribers than Ultima Online,
> Everquest=99 and Asheron=92s Call combined."

Since the revenue model in Korea allows a player to pay via monthly
subscription or per-hour fees, I'm not clear if the above is true in
terms of an apples-to-apples comparison using subscriptions in the
monthly fee sense as it applies to UO, EQ and AC.  My impression is
that the large majority of Lineage players pay by the hour.  Perhaps
someone who is more knowledgeable than I about the Korean market could
clarify this.

Richard Aihoshi - "Jonric"
RPG Vault, IGN Vault Network