[MUD-Dev] [News] NCSoft + Richard Garriott

Jessica Mulligan jessica at mm3d.com
Mon May 21 08:04:24 CEST 2001

At 12:13 AM 21/5/01 -0700,"Corey Crawford" <myrddin at seventh.net>
wrote:

>> I'm thinking maybe we should look at total amount of dollars
>> incoming per month.

>> Anyone have these figures for Lineage? Obviously, we can figure
>> UO/EQ/AC's from subscription numbers.

As of late last year and earlier this year, Lineage was bringing in
about $5 million US per month, so NCSoft is monetizing the average
subscriber at around $3.30 US per month each.

Bear in mind also that the overwhelming number of Korean players are
doing so from Internet cafes.  This adds a social element to the game
that is hard to reproduce in the US, where the norm is a subscriber
logging in from home.

-Jess

He either fears his fate too much,
Or his deserts are small,
That dares not put it to the touch,
To gain or lose it all.

A toast by the infamous Marquis of Montrose (1612-1650 AD) on the eve of battle