[MUD-Dev] [News] NCSoft + Richard Garriott

Vincent Archer archer at nevrax.com
Tue May 22 11:13:33 CEST 2001

According to Freeman, Jeff:

> Based on 2 million subscribers, Lineage is ove 5 times larger than
> EverQuest and bigger than AC, EQ and UO all together.

> Based on the number of concurrent users, however (180k), Lineage is
> "only" about twice as large as EQ.

> That's a very large discrepency which makes me question the validity
> of the 2-million subscribers claim.  More to the point, it makes me
> think that "number of subscribers" for Lineage is a fairly
> meaningless number.  Like "10 million people have signed up for The
> Station."

If, like everyone says, most of the players *do* play from cybercafes,
then it doesn't strike me. EQ players spend, on the average, a little
over 20h/week connected.

If you're playing from a cybercafe, it wouldn't be odd if the usage
figure per player were waaaay lower.

--
Vincent Archer                                         Email: archer at nevrax.com

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!