[MUD-Dev] Neil Young Invents UO

Dragoness dragoness at crackednuts.net
Wed May 23 16:52:55 CEST 2001

Thought you might find this amusing, if nothing else. :) It was sent
to an egroup I'm on.  Yet more crappy journalism. To be fair, it
doesn't look like Neil is claiming to have invented it since it wasn't
a direct quote, but could be just the moron writing it. Additionally,
dunno where he pulled the $5/mo. thing from, as I was told by them
during a demo a few days ago at E3 that Majestic would be part of the
ea.com platinum service, which I believe is $19.95/mo.

Tina

---------------------

Forgive my ignorance, but who's Neil Young?  (Besides a particularly
badly-aged singer.)  Did he really "invent" UO?

Quote from the Standard:

  "For Young, a senior executive producer at EA, fantasy has been
  rewarding. He and EA are still buoyed by the success of his previous
  invention, the immensely popular Ultima Online. Launched in 1997,
  Ultima was the first profitable online game, and has more than
  200,000 subscribers to date."

Here's the whole article:

  http://www.thestandard.com/article/0,1902,24513,00.html

-Dante