[MUD-Dev] [News] NCSoft + Richard Garriott

Marc Bowden ryumo at merit.edu
Fri May 25 10:14:22 CEST 2001

--On Thursday, May 24, 2001 2:27 AM +0000 Matt Mihaly
<the_logos at achaea.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2001, Dave Kennerly wrote:

>> Another factor: Koreans socialize more than Americans, which means
>> they value vectors of socialization more than Americans, such as:
>> cell phones, online games, video chat, and cyber cafes.  This
>> statement is based on personal experience and casual conversations
>> with Koreans and Korean-Americans.  Every time I've visited Korea
>> (2-10 week trips each year during 1995-2001), I felt like I was
>> being adopted into a family for the duration.

> I think it might be more accurate to say that Koreans socialize in
> different ways?

More focus on group cohesion and harmony, whereas the North American
players tend to focus on individual achievement and competitive
wealth, forging (at best) a shaky allegiance to a clan or gang
construct.

--
Marc Bowden - Soulsinger         Dreamshadow:The Legacy of the Three
  ryumo at merit.edu                                 206.246.120.2 3333