[MUD-Dev] [News] NCSoft + Richard Garriott

Trump trump at vividvideo.com
Tue May 29 14:53:52 CEST 2001

Jake Song wrote:

> Maybe due to the difference of business model, peak numbers were
> useful to us until 1999. Our monthly revenue were very close to
> (100,000 Won) x (peak user number). Nowadays it's much lower than
> that. Maybe because we are getting more monthly flat rate players.

I'm not sure how to say this without it comming off as being extremely
rude.   I guess I'll just state upfront that I'm really just curious.

  Author: Dirtybob
  Topic:   ROFL, lineage the blood pledge

  posted 28-05-2001 01:28 PM

  I played for 4 minutes and decided game was beyond garbage.

  I've found this to be the general reaction among US gamers.  I
  played lineage for a few days and would describe it as an
  "Unfinished UO Clone"

So, I'm wondering what factors caused this game to become so popular
in Korea.  Is it that the Korean version is much better documented?
English documentation is, at best, poor.  Is it that there is some
sort of monopoly going on, and UO isnt available in Korea?  Are turned
off by games made in the US because of the language barrier? Is the
endgame totally different than the early content? Anyone who is in the
know care to elaborate?

-Azeraab