[MUD-Dev] RE:

Travis Casey efindel at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 11 16:08:23 CET 2001

On Friday 02 November 2001 11:47, gamaiun at yahoo.com wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:10:46 -0800 (PST)
> "Koster, Raph" <rkoster at soe.sony.com> wrote:

>> If we want to go on a crusade to fix something, how about we fix
>> the fact that your average cartoon does a better job at
>> portraying the human condition than our games do?

> Why is it that the average cartoon portrays the human condition
> better?  Are there no humans in those games, or do they not have
> stories and longings they want to express?

For that matter -- what is "the human condition"?  Is there only
*one* "human condition"?

To me, the very phrase, "the human condition", reeks of projecting
your own values and morals onto others.  It's like "the meaning of
life" -- there are lots of different people who will tell you that
life means a lot of different things.  By the same token, I can
imagine quite a number of "human conditions".

--
       |\      _,,,---,,_     Travis S. Casey  <efindel at earthlink.net>