[MUD-Dev] [TECH][SURVEY] non-mainstream languages?

Bruce Mitchener bruce at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 11 16:47:04 CET 2001

Hi,

I'd like to get an idea if anyone's doing mud servers or mud
programming in any of the following languages:

  * Scheme (Guile, other implementations)
  * Lisp (with or without CLOS)
  * ML and variants (including OCaml)
  * Haskell
  * E (www.erights.org)
  * Dylan
  * Eiffel
  * Smalltalk
  * Cecil
  * Modula-3
  * Objective C
  * Ada
  * Prolog
  * Other (just not C, C++, Java, Pascal, Perl, Python, or some
    other fairly mainstream language or a MUD-specific language
    like LPC, MOO, ColdC, etc.)

I don't mind if you're not releasing your code or not working
towards a system with a lot of users, I'd still like to know.  Also,
if you're taking one of the above languages and embedding it into
your server for whatever reason, I'd be interested in knowing that
as well.

If people could respond offlist and I'll summarize the results in
about a week and post them to the list.  Feel free to include some
info on what made you choose that language or whatever else you'd
like to say. If your project has a website, you're welcome to
include the URL for that as well.

Thanks,

  - Bruce