[MUD-Dev] Role-Playing Games Are Not Dead

Ryan S. Dancey ryand at organizedplay.com
Sun Nov 25 22:27:18 CET 2001

> From: Ling Lo [mailto:ling at slimy.com]

> This was posted a while back:

  "I haven't seen the raw data, I don't trust market research, and
  until I inspect the raw data, and all research methodology, I
  refuse to believe any of this material".

I don't personally consider it a reasonable, or useful response.

I will add though that Dr. Wendt was informed that the research was
conducted "blind", that is, no person who took it was advised that
it was a WotC study, and that the survey was conducted according to
standard, accepted practices which reduce (to the extent possible)
material margins of error and bias.  He never chose to respond (or
at least I never saw a follow up message).

Ryan