[MUD-Dev] Meridian 59 purchased by developers

Andrew Kirmse akirmse at pacbell.net
Thu Nov 29 22:43:25 CET 2001

I think this is a first: the online game Meridian 59 was just
purchased by two of the people involved with its development.

  http://meridian59.neardeathstudios.com/M59-Press.shtml

Ugh, I hate to think what has happened to our code in the last 4
years =)

After 3DO shut down the U.S. servers, there were still localized
versions running in Germany and Korea.  Someone in Russia also got
hold of an unauthorized version and has been running it for awhile.
Any speculation about what will eventually happen to UO, EQ, and the
like?  After they stop making money, will fans find a way to keep
them alive?

---Andrew