[MUD-Dev] New laws. (was: Player Manipulation of Environment)

Andrew Hefford andrew.hefford at coregen.net
Thu Nov 29 23:03:52 CET 2001

I like it.  It might though be less jarring to the player if we used
the game pieces to inform them of state changes within the rest of
the world.  For example, you could have the guard actually bump
(coincidentally) into our player on the street or in a bar.  If the
player has been out of the game for some time then I see nothing
wrong with the players character passing a note to the player,
noting the fact that the Guard is no longer at his post, perhaps
even optionally starting the player at a location ready to act on
this information - or give the player the option to choose.